[lug] howto rpm?

bof bof at pcisys.net
Tue Aug 6 21:55:51 MDT 2002

D. Stimits wrote:

> Back in my old RH 7.1 install, I had an rpm which provided
> /usr/share/doc/HOWTO/. I cannot seem to find one that goes with RH
> 7.3, it seems to have been discontinued. If I go to rpmfind.org, I
> don't even see the 7.1 version anymore, only other distros show up
> with a HOWTO rpm. Can anyone tell me the fait of this rpm, whether
> there is perhaps some more obscure web site that would have it?

Try ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/redhat-7.1-en/doc/RedHat/RPMS/

The file "howto-7.1-1.noarch.rpm", at a mere 6077 KB size, might be the
one you are after.

There was discussion of the decision to drop the HOW-TO's on the RH7.3
list, and the reasons given were that many of them were so old and out
of date that they were not of value any more.

BOF