[lug] sendmail rejecting connections

Sexton, George gsexton at mhsoftware.com
Fri Aug 9 11:48:57 MDT 2002

You need to figure out what the process that are blocked are.

I once had a case where an SMB connection was hung. I was running the disk
full checker, which checks every hour for free space. The default RedHat 7.2
script did not have an option to exclude SMBFS mounts. Consequently, disk
check was hanging because of the bad SMB mount. After two days, my load
average was maxed out.