[lug] Monthly Talks, etc.

Chris Riddoch socket at peakpeak.com
Sat Aug 10 14:05:21 MDT 2002

Hi, folks!

If you haven't been by the meetings page on the BLUG site, you
probably haven't noticed that I'm a bit short on talks for the next
few months!

So, here's your chance to offer or ask for a talk on a linux-related
subject.

There's been interest in having a talk on Kickstart, but I didn't get
a chance to talk to the individual someone pointed out to me... if you
know Kickstart and are willing to give a presentation, let me know!

Also: We're currently rather short on books to give away at the
meetings. As Ken mentioned in his email yesterday, we could use
suggestions for which books to get - and it would be nice to have
books relatively matching the talk.  If you're planning on giving a
talk, please mention good books on the subject and we'll see what we
can get from the publishers.

On that note, we can't get a whole lot from the publishers without
giving them something in return - reviews!  We need reviews!  If
you've got any, just mail them to me and I'll put them up on the
site. Evelyn recently posted a URL about how to write good reviews,
and all the good publishers have stuff on their website about it, as
well.

As always, please contact me if you have administrative suggestions or
questions.

--
Chris Riddoch       | epistemological
socket at peakpeak.com | humility