[lug] Cat 5e cable color codes

Mr Viggy LittleViggy at alum.manhattan.edu
Sat Aug 10 15:36:45 MDT 2002

For straight RJ45 (i.e. not the back of the conenctor, the 4x2 slots),
if you take a male conenctor, and hold it with the spring clip down, pin
#1 is at the far left.  So, if you are looking head on at the female
connector, and the slot for the spring clip is at the bottom, pin #1 is
on your left.

Viggy

PS.  I'd get an ohm meter and test that all the pins match up with the
proper contacts in the 4x2 array.