[lug] pump.conf config, AT&T

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Sun Aug 11 17:36:44 MDT 2002

keyser soze wrote:
> AT&T has some sort of SAS server that your have to
> authenticate with
> before you can get anywhere.  After several attempts,
> I ended up booting
> back to an ancient copy of win98 I had left on this
> drive and using
> their install cd.  Once you authenticate your modem
> with their server
> everything will work like a normal dhcp setup.
>
> supposedly you can specify sas.r4.attbi.com as your
> proxy server in your
> browser and then actually go to that address with your
> browser and enter
> your info.  This would eliminate the need to use their
> software,
> however, I never got this to work.

I will have time to do this later tonight or early tomorrow. I just
finished the wiring, the network is running properly (internally), but I
need more cables for going between wall plates and units. Plus I need to
plaster over some access holes made in walls, so it is up, but quite
ugly for anyone walking by the big holes.

I suspect that the authenticate thing is probably right, I see some
minor DNS support succeeding on linux, win98, and win2000, none of which
are being allowed beyond the gateway...so something at the AT&T end is
blocking it.

D. Stimits, stimits AT idcomm.com