[lug] very small linux

Michael J. Hammel mhammel at panasas.com
Fri Aug 9 10:15:12 MDT 2002

On Fri, 2002-08-09 at 11:08, Kenneth D. Weinert wrote:
> I have a long range idea (not even up to a plan level yet) that would require
> a light, self-contained linux platform that would need to be battery powered.
>
> I don't know that we have that many embedded linux folks here on this list,
> but any pointers to small footprint hardware that is light and battery
> powered would be greatly appreciated.

Take a look at LinuxDevices.com list of hardware:
http://www.linuxdevices.com/

They have "guides" on PDAs, small footprint LinuxDevices and single
board computers, all of which are said to be Linux happy. I didn't check
to see if any were battery powered, though the PDA's are likely to be
so.

Michael J. Hammel