[lug] ssh and pubkey

Warren Sanders sanders at montanalinux.org
Mon Aug 12 19:14:19 MDT 2002

I did just this task today.  If I can remember the exact steps...
First off I think you may already know the first steps, but for the sake
of others and documentation...

   1. ssh-kegen -t rsa
   2. ssh-agent bash (or whatever shell)
   3. ssh-add
   4. scp $user/.ssh/id_rsa.pub $user at other-box:$user/.ssh/authorized_keys

In my case I did localdomain root accounts on both sides.  I can access
both sides without authentication.  My purpose for doing this was to run
rsync over ssh transport as a cron job.