[lug] AT&T, Cable modems, and Linux

D. Stimits stimits at attbi.com
Wed Aug 14 15:57:57 MDT 2002

John Dollison wrote:
> Dan,
> Congrats!  Now are you going to write a HOWTO for the rest of us?
> John D.

I might. I am still working on making it reliable. The firewall/bridging
side is a bit different than the usual firewall/gateway/router. Not to
mention the range of addresses that are constantly coming from unrelated
cable traffic, especially DHCP. One thing I am going to try to do is
create an "internal only" IP address with SSL web server (and attempt to
somehow make it so the server will not talk to people without the right
key, though I am not sure if that is possible), with various status
items (like the UPS status). I have long ways to go to make it "simply
work" without manual intervention.

D. Stimits, stimits AT attbi.com