[lug] regular BLUG list versus announce list?

Chris Riddoch socket at peakpeak.com
Fri Aug 16 14:09:07 MDT 2002

"D. Stimits" <stimits at attbi.com> writes:
> I am curious, I have always been subscribed to the BLUG list, as well
> as the announce list. Do all announcements always go to the regular
> list as well, or is it ok to subscribe to just the main BLUG list to
> get announcements too (all of them)?

Well, the format for the meeting announcements are the way they are
for pretty much historical reasons.  Wayde Allen just happened to Cc:
the discussion list, and have To: set to the announce list.  Or maybe
it was the other way around.  In any event, I tend to copy from a
previous month's announcement and change the parts that need to be
changed.

--
Chris Riddoch       | epistemological
socket at peakpeak.com | humility