[lug] somewhat-OT: virus scanners for Linux

j davis davis_compz at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 16 17:15:23 MDT 2002

well, this one was easy....
if you look in the message you see golfish.txt.scr...
scr is executable.... and .scr is a known extention in windowz
so it will not display the.scr only goldfish.txt....that is unless
you have changed your default options in explorer.i believe scr is
a screen saver for windoz....i read a tutorial on how to embed
code itno a scr....really really easy.

hope this help....also..hotmail virus scan cought !? wtf m$ working?

jd
http://www.taproot.bz

>From: Ed Hill <ed at eh3.com>
>To: j davis <davis_compz at hotmail.com>
>Subject: Re: [lug] somewhat-OT: virus scanners for Linux
>Date: 16 Aug 2002 16:13:06 -0600
>

>On Fri, 2002-08-16 at 15:42, j davis wrote:
> >
> > hello,
> >   Im no expert...but im trying to learn....do you think i could view the
> > code?
> >
> > thanks
> > jd
> > also....have you notified your friend?
>

>Hi jd,
>
>Sure, I've included a few of the emails below.  And I have a lot more of
>them if that helps...  :-/
>
>As you'll see, the subjects and contents seem to vary over a range of
>permutations.  If you can identify whats generating and sending them,
>I'll be very appreciative -- the drink offer stands!
>
>And yes, I've tried to contact him but haven't had much luck since my
>phone book is out-of-date.  Darn...
>
>thanks and happy hunting!
>Ed
>

>--
>Edward H. Hill III, PhD
>Post-Doctoral Researcher   |  Email:  ed at eh3.com,  ehill at mines.edu
>Division of ESE            |  URLs:   http://www.eh3.com
>Colorado School of Mines   |    http://cesep.mines.edu/people/edhill.php
>Golden, CO  80401          |  Phone:  303-273-3483    Fax: 303-273-3311
><< s.1 >>
><< s.2 >>
><< s.3 >>
><< s.4 >>