[lug] TTF font in X-Window

Kevin Moore klmoore at digitalglobe.com
Sun Aug 18 10:36:10 MDT 2002

Here's how I do it with Microsoft TType fonts on RedHat, it really helps
make web pages look nice. Your mileage may vary:

1. Zip up your true type fonts from over on the 'doze side.

2. On the Linux side, unzip the fonts into a directory under

/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/

something like, /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/ttype/

3. Add this to your /etc/X11/fs/config file:

catalogue = /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/ttype,
             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
         /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc:unscaled,
         /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi:unscaled,
	 blah, blah, blah.......

4. Restart your font server:

/etc/init.d/xfs restart

5. Fonts will then be available in edit->preferences->appearance->fonts
in your browser (at least in Mozilla/Netscape-I don't know
Galeon/Konqueror).

Hope this helps....Kevin

--
Systems Administrator