[lug] HP Netserver

Chang Kim ckim at viawest.net
Mon Aug 19 15:49:48 MDT 2002

This appears to happen because the 7.2 kernels on the CD incorrectly
recognises the HP NetRAID 1si (a re-badged America Megatrends MegaRAID
Express 200 (466)) as an Adaptect RAID controller.

LSI Logic now provide up-to-date drivers for that series of controllers,
unfortunately their 'Mega115.tgz' archive only supplies drivers for the
7.0 series of RedHat distributions (relying upon 2.2.16-22 kernels).

We run all HP servers and have had the updated driver for over 1.5 years
  for our NetServers.