[lug] passing config parameters to autoconf during .src.rpm rebuild

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Mon Aug 19 19:20:00 MDT 2002

On Mon, 2002-08-19 at 18:56, Alan Robertson wrote:

> BTW, it kind of annoys SuSE too, since their packaging system stores the
> specfiles under source control, and they're used directly by them.  So,
> things like "make rpm" are way outside their paradigm.
>
> So, I just tell them to do a ./ConfigureMe config, grab the spec file, and
> put it into their system.

Hi Alan,

Being fairly new to RPM-building (haven't yet developed the mindset that
rpm-specs-MUST-encapsulate-configure-scripts), I think the "make rpm"
approach is neat.  I've seen it done on, for instance, the LT_modem
(closed-source Lucent soft-modem driver) project and meant to examine
it.

Perhaps I missed the link in your earlier posts (if so, my apologies),
but could you please provide a link to your project that uses this build
procedure?  I'd like to see how you did it.

thanks!
Ed

Edward H. Hill III, PhD
Post-Doctoral Researcher   |  Email:  ed at eh3.com,  ehill at mines.edu
Division of ESE            |  URLs:   http://www.eh3.com
Colorado School of Mines   |    http://cesep.mines.edu/people/edhill.php
Golden, CO  80401          |  Phone:  303-273-3483    Fax: 303-273-3311