[lug] regular BLUG list versus announce list?

J. Wayde Allen wallen at lug.boulder.co.us
Tue Aug 20 16:27:10 MDT 2002

On Wed, 14 Aug 2002, D. Stimits wrote:

> I am curious, I have always been subscribed to the BLUG list, as well as
> the announce list. Do all announcements always go to the regular list as
> well, or is it ok to subscribe to just the main BLUG list to get
> announcements too (all of them)?

The same announcements go to both lists, however the announce list was
created for those who didn't want to sort out meeting announcements,
etc. from the general discussion.  As such, there is no advantage to
subscribing to both lists.  There are no announcements sent to the
announce list that are not also sent to the general list.

The meta list originated as the discussion channel for the behind the
scenes administrative operations of the BLUG, and was expanded to include
the oversight committees of all the know LUG's in Colorado.  The idea was
that this would serve as a communications channel for coordinating
activities and sharing information and resources between the Colorado
LUG's.  However, this list is seldom used these days, and I don't believe
that the current leaders of CLUE or PPLUG are even subscribed anymore.
However, I'd have to check to be certain.

- Wayde
  (wallen at lug.boulder.co.us)