[lug] SUPERIOR ISP

mikeslugs at attbi.com mikeslugs at attbi.com
Tue Aug 20 19:02:25 MDT 2002

Sounds like there may be some options out there.  The
funny thing is, my friend could get aye tee tee bee aye
if his house was just on the other side of the street.
There is a huge housing development across the street
that att could not afford to not provide service to.
But they couldn't stretch a cable to the two houses
across the street without charging someone a ton of
fun.  I'm really interested in theese wireless ISP's.
Looks like there's a lot of potential for mucho market
share and they seem to offer a good product/value.  Too
bad my firend doesn't know anyone across the street with
a little wireless know-how... a little sharing never
hurt anyone.  Well the only options appear to be mesa
and whatcha call it.  I guess I'll send a letter to
theese guys and see what we can do.  Thanks for the
referrals y'all!

P.S. If my friend can't get wireless, it's still dish...
multilink won't provide the speed needed for terminal
services ( the original reason for my friend looking
into broadband )... I know, windoze terminal services is
weak compared to the linux counerpart which has been
around for ages.  It's all his university provides.