[lug] dhcpcd lease issue

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Tue Aug 20 22:39:16 MDT 2002

On Tue, 2002-08-20 at 15:10, Chuck Wiechman wrote:
> That is my question the same box (for whatever reason) decides to give up
> its ip address and get a new one. I did not reboot the box, for whatever
> reason it is just does this by itself. There aren't any other machines on
> this lan to cause a duplicate IP, and there are no sub-interfaces on the
> laptop either.
>
> For whatever reason it has managed to keep its ip of .53 for the last few
> hours. I tried running the /sbin/fuser -v -u -n tcp "68" -n udp "68"
> command and it gave no output.

I've been seeing the same behavior for the past two months.  Not long
after I switched from RH 7.2 to RH 7.3 (actually, KRUD 7.3), my static
IP would, for no reason that I can determine, spontaneously switch to
DHCP after a few hours.

Its annoying (and rebooting seems to clear it up) but since its so easy
to just pop in/out the cardbus adapter that I haven't been motivated
enough to complain about it or try to debug it.

The next time it happens, I'll dig through the logs.

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
Post-Doctoral Researcher   |  Email:  ed at eh3.com,  ehill at mines.edu
Division of ESE            |  URLs:   http://www.eh3.com
Colorado School of Mines   |    http://cesep.mines.edu/people/edhill.php
Golden, CO  80401          |  Phone:  303-273-3483    Fax: 303-273-3311