[lug] KRUD shutdown problem

Michael Deck deckm at cleansoft.com
Wed Aug 21 13:13:11 MDT 2002

Is this installation of KRUD an upgrade to a prior Linux distro?

I had a problem with these symptoms when I tried to be too clever and "upgrade" from a Mandrake distro to KRUD without reformatting all important partitions (including /var and /etc). There was a bunch of stuff that had hung around from Mandrake and wasn't being stopped/started correctly under KRUD. Ok, I confess. It didn't accidentally hang around, I *made* it hang around because I thought that was the best way to preserve some of my settings.

I queried this list and eventually got pointed in the direction of this complication. I reinstalled KRUD, wiping out the partitions first, and then it worked fine.

-Mike