[lug] overran / ...again

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Wed Aug 21 17:53:54 MDT 2002

On Wed, 2002-08-21 at 17:44, j davis wrote:

> also..for my personal non-server computer i run as root...
> i know i know please spare me the hand slapping.lol
> anyway, is there any reason i could not make /root
> its own partion and treat it like /home, never format it
> even during a new install. do yall think the redhat installer
> would care if i told it not to format /root.

Hi jd,

I don't mean to chide you, but what exactly are you doing that requires
being root so much?

I'll wager that it'll be easier for you, in the long run, to "kick your
root habit" than to treat the symptoms.

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
Post-Doctoral Researcher   |  Email:  ed at eh3.com,  ehill at mines.edu
Division of ESE            |  URLs:   http://www.eh3.com
Colorado School of Mines   |    http://cesep.mines.edu/people/edhill.php
Golden, CO  80401          |  Phone:  303-273-3483    Fax: 303-273-3311