[lug] router in bridge mode

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Fri Aug 23 16:13:36 MDT 2002

Hmmm... thinking about one other thing from this thread...

PPPoE has one distinct advantage over Bridged mode that I can think of,
*IF* your ISP supports it... mine does...

I can put up a dial-up connection to their modem pool and provide an
"alternative" username login to the RADIUS server... when I do that, my
routing to my DSL is re-routed to the dial-up link for my entire IP
range.

Great for setting up dial-backup if the DSL drops..

Didn't think to mention it until just now...

Nate