[lug] OT: Password Managers

John Dollison johndollison at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 27 13:01:27 MDT 2002

I recently realized that I have about 40 passwords that I'm supposed to
remember.  Some are for websites, others for work, some for my home
computer, etc.  I know I'm supposed to update them all every 30 days, make
them complicated, never write them down, and remember them all (including
capitalization)!  But I just can't seem to keep up.  (I need a good book on
memory techniques!)

I've been looking at a variety of Password Managers, so that I just have to
remember one pass-phrase to access all the others.  Some of these tools run
on Linux, some on Windows, some on my Palm PDA.  Does anyone know of any
that work on all three?  Or does anyone have any experience using any of
these, who could tell me which ones you think are best, and which ones to
stay away from?

John Dollison
855 Mohawk Drive
Boulder, CO 80303

(303) 499-7769  (Home)
(719) 339-3705  (Cell)

Your computer can help fight Cancer and Alzheimer's! Visit
www.intel.com/cure/

.