[lug] text-based network setup tool - RH 7.3

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Thu Aug 29 20:58:39 MDT 2002

On Thu, 2002-08-29 at 14:28, D. Stimits wrote:
> "netconfig" comes to mind, but I have never used it (my favorite
> text-based config tool is called "vi", it works for many things :)

Yeah yeah yeah... me too.  I knew someone was going to say that.

The reason we need the tool is that these are super-newbies to linux
or two to get their feet wet, we try to keep from scaring them off with
things like vi.  :-)

(In fact, a number of the volutneers on the project recommend nano, and
I'm always ranting and raving on the mailing lists about learning "a
real editor" be it vi or emacs or whatever... well, I always say vi, but
doesn't matter... nano's crap.  GRIN.)

Nate