[lug] Reading e-mail headers.

Tony Dyson the_anorak at worldnet.att.net
Sun Sep 1 10:12:51 MDT 2002

You need to be able to see the full header. Mail readers handle this
differently.

AFAIR, with Outlook Express, somewhere under the File >> Properties >>
??? menu tree, there is an option to view the message source (as in
"HTML Source"). This shows the full header, & you have to track back
through the sending path. The mail server from which you download will
be at the top/beginning of the list. The originating server will be at
the bottom/end.

My understanding is that most spammers still aren't able to fake that
address, but an expert may care to jump in here ...