[lug] mp3 ripper

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Mon Sep 2 22:58:10 MDT 2002

On Mon, Sep 02, 2002 at 10:55:24PM -0600, Jeff Schroeder wrote:
>> I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for and/or experience
>> with an mp3 ripper for linux. I'm running mandrake 8.2.
>
>I really like Grip.  See http://www.nostatic.org/grip.

Of course, with the license issues with MP3 players starting to be
enforced, you'd be silly to actually rip into MP3 format.  Sounds like Red
Hat is dropping support for playing MP3s, as is Java.  Rip to OGG format,
it sounds better anyway.

Sean
--
 Well son, a funny thing about regret is that it's better to regret something
 you HAVE done than regret something you haven't done.