[lug] Minimal Linux?

Timothy C. Klein teece at silverklein.net
Wed Sep 4 22:11:48 MDT 2002

The default install of Debian is *very* minimal.  The only thing you are
required to install is the bootstrap stuff (libc, kernel, the few Unix
basics that are considered indispensible).  At this point, the system is
bootable, but almost useless.  You are then given the option to install
the other stuff, but you are not required to install anything.  If you
want complete control, go that route.  You can install every package you
need beyond the absolue bare minimum.  It is very easy to install stuff
in Debian, as well.

Tim