[lug] Dialup modems and Linux

Mr Viggy LittleViggy at alum.manhattan.edu
Thu Sep 5 08:23:10 MDT 2002

I'd be willing to bet dollars to donuts that the PCI card you have is a
Winmodem.  I have two, actually one is my DSL router (internal).  Both
show up under lspci.  The modem *is* based on the Lucent chipset, and
the Lucent "Linmodem" drivers work great with it.  However, there are no
drivers for the DSL router card, so that one just sits in the machine,
silently...

Viggy