[lug] Reboot Problem

Bill Wimsatt bwimsatt at coraccess.com
Thu Sep 5 12:42:40 MDT 2002

I have a server that has been running RedHat 7.2 for several months with
no problems. I restarted a daemon last evening and now the server
reboots itself indiscrimantly: on start of Gnome, on start of terminal
shells, on start of daemons. I do not think it is a file system problem.
Sometimes Gnome will start with very erratic mouse behaviour
(uncontrollable) which leads me to believe it is an X corruption, but
other times it starts fine. Very strange behavior. Anyone care to take a
shot on the problem and (most importantly) a fix (I do not want to
rebuild the server).

Regards,
Bill Wimsatt