[lug] LinuxJournal: Introducing the Open Cluster Framework

J. Wayde Allen wallen at lug.boulder.co.us
Thu Sep 5 16:19:32 MDT 2002

On Thu, 5 Sep 2002, John Dollison wrote:

> Linux should be an abysmal failure. It breaks every single known rule
> of software development."

Does it really ... I'm not so sure?  Perhaps the emerging rules of
intellectual property are breaking the rules of meaningful human
interaction ...?

Hmmm ... I just thought of something, but I can't tell you about it since
it belongs to me.  If you want to know what's on my mind you can sign a
non-disclosure agreement so I can tell you what it is ...

People have always collaborated on projects.  That requires communication
and a flow of ideas and information.  It isn't a concept invented by the
Linux movement, but it was, and still is, embraced by the Linux community.

- Wayde
  (wallen at lug.boulder.co.us)