[lug] Reboot Problem

Peter Hutnick peter-lists at hutnick.com
Thu Sep 5 16:58:20 MDT 2002

> I am surprised that the supposition is HW related. That would be a mess.

Someone else said he thinks it is memory.  I tend to agree.  Do you have
more than one memory module in the system?  If so that is an obvious place
to start troubleshooting.

To go back a little on what I said about swapping hard disks, there are
several diskette and CD "Linux on a disk" distros out there.  That might
be easier for you.  Make sure you pound the system pretty hard if you do
this.

Geez, what am I thinking  . . why don't you start with memtest86?
(http://www.memtest86.com/)

-Peter