[lug] LinuxJournal: Introducing the Open Cluster Framework

Peter Hutnick peter-lists at hutnick.com
Thu Sep 5 17:41:16 MDT 2002

> It wasn't the hacker mentality [note: This quote is out of context.]

Are you sure?  My observation leads me to think that this is a popular
world-view amongst geeks.  Ever heard of a little TV show called "Star
Trek?"

I'm fond of saying "Communism is an ideal system . . . other than the fact
that it doesn't work."  Perhaps you've struck on a way to successfully
implement it; rather than doing it one society at a time, do it one
economic problem at a time on an opt-in basis.

Then again, maybe not.  The fact is that software is like ideas and love;
they each grow in the giving.  Sadly, barrels of oil and sides of beef
don't have this quality.

-Peter