[lug] Ethernet sound card (what he wants(i think))

luke p linuxluke_20 at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 5 21:41:45 MDT 2002

Ok, here's what I think Peter wants:
He wants his ethernet card in his computer to act like a sound card, so that
every sound, wether he's using xmms, watching movies, playing a game, etc..
that all those sounds go out via the ethernet card, over ethernet wire into
a stereo.
Though he doesn't want it do go into the stereo with a built in NIC, that
would require a computer within the stereo, he just wants it to go in and
have the 4 pairs of ethernet wire connect to whatever neccesary stereo
component would produce sound from the ethernet cable. Nothing more, no IP,
no computer at the other end.
Well, hope I made some logic of this..
Luke