[lug] i830 graphics trouble

David Owen Kritzberg david.kritzberg at colorado.edu
Fri Sep 6 13:19:32 MDT 2002

Hello Everyone,

I've been trying to install linux on my Dell Inspiron 2600.  I
understand that the problems I am having are caused by the 830
graphics card embedded in the i830 chipset.  I've seen a post on
'linux-laptop.net' describing how to work around this problem Red Hat
7.3 with a patch and a recompile of the kernel.  This is more than
I've ever done as far as hacking linux goes.  Has anyone got the 830
graphics working in any distribution?

Dave

David Owen Kritzberg          david at kritzberg.net
Economics Dept,             Univ. of CO - Boulder
Campus Box 256              Boulder CO 80309-0256
Tel: 303-492-7709               Fax: 303-492-8960