[lug] "New" wireless internet?

Ryan Kirkpatrick linux at rkirkpat.net
Fri Sep 6 15:34:01 MDT 2002

On Thu, 5 Sep 2002, Justin-lists wrote:

> Somebody had posted not too long ago about new wireless internet provider
> that was in the Denver area. I cannot remember what the website was and I
> could not find it in the archives. Does anyone recall this new provider? It
> was not Sprint for sure and not any of the more popular providers. I think
> they were brand new and the monthly pricing was relatively inexpensive in
> comparison to others...Thanks.

	Was it PathBroadband (www.pathbroadband.com)? At least they left a
flyer at my south-eastern Lafeyette house a few weeks back. Looks like
they have coverage over Lafeyette, Louisville, and Broomfield. Of course
their web site is rather useless, i.e. from their FAQ:

# How fast is PATHbroadband service?
#
# With a 56k modem, it could take more than three-and-a-half minutes to
# download a 1.5MB music fail. With PATH, you will be listening to your
# music in just a few seonds.

The flyer didn't even say this much. Maybe just I am EE/Computer geek who
likes real numbers and facts, but their entire service seems a bit too
much 'pie-in-the-sky-trust-us' for my liking.

|   "For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain."                    |
|                                            --- Philippians 1:21 (KJV)   |