[lug] Reboot Problem

rm at fabula.de rm at fabula.de
Sat Sep 7 11:21:13 MDT 2002

On Fri, Sep 06, 2002 at 10:50:51AM -0600, Sexton, George wrote:
> Memtest is so easy to do, that I routinely do it when I have a problem. Even
> if I suspected IDE problems I would still run it first.

Yeah, when we set up new server hardware fort customers we routinely set
up a small partition and put memtest on it. We add an extra entry to lilo.conf
and whenever a box shows strange behaviour we can ask the service tech.
(most boxes are in large scale sever housing) to reboot and type memtest
at the lilo prompt -- can save you a lot of time (and a trip to the other
side of the contry).

  Ralf