[lug] KDE question

D. Stimits stimits at attbi.com
Sat Sep 7 17:36:46 MDT 2002

Drew Lane wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using RH 7.2 with KDE.
>
> I was downloading a file yesterday and I must have accidentally
> downloaded the file to the link on the desktop that normally connects
> you to the file browser.   I think it was the home icon.
>
> Now when I click on folders on the desktop I'm getting a dialog
> that says something like "can't find /"
>
> Anyway, what's the best way to reset this back to the way it was?
>
> Hope this is an easy one.  :^)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Drew

So is the link now bad, or the file? What was the file name downloaded?
The above is a bit confusing. If you want to verify the icon to home,
right click, choose properties. In the General tab, it has Home; in
Permissions tab, should be user read/write, probably nothing else
checked, possibly group other might have read; group should be set to
your user group, probably users; in Execute tab, Command should be:
  kfmclient openProfile filemanagement

...in the Application tab, the name "Home" is present.

D. Stimits, stimits AT attbi.com