[lug] KDE question

Timothy C. Klein teece at silverklein.net
Sat Sep 7 18:21:58 MDT 2002

So you overwrote the link on your Desktop called home?  Am I
understanding that right?

The little folder on your desktop labelled "Home" seems to be a link to an
application.  It is somewhat 'special' though, in that it has different
properities than I am able to create simply by right-clicking on the
Desktop, and then clicking on 'Link to Application.'  I don't know
exactly how it is created.  You could just put this text file in your
desktop:

--------------- (Contents of file follows)
[Desktop Entry]
Name=Home
Comment=Personal Files
Exec=kfmclient openProfile filemanagement
Icon=kfm_home
Type=Application

That is all mine contains.  Note, I removed *many* Name[xx] and
Coment[xx] lines which were Internationalized version of the name and
comment.

Tim