[lug] gnutella uploads not working ???

Bill Gjestvang bill at uncultured.org
Sat Sep 7 21:02:28 MDT 2002

Since krud is based on redhat, I'm guessing the installation enabled the
linux firewall.  As root, run "iptables --list" to see if any
firewalling rules are turned on.  If not, you should get the following
output:

    Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)

    Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)

    Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)

If you get something more, the firewall is on, and you'll have to either
configure it to allow what you want, or disable it completely.  I think
RedHat should have a nice GUI firewall tool that would do either.

--
Bill Gjestvang
    Jabber: datawolf19 at jabber.org
    ICQ: 5944134