[lug] "red hat - the new redmond?" comment from mainstream online media

John Karns jkarns at csd.net
Sun Sep 8 12:51:01 MDT 2002

On Sun, 8 Sep 2002, j davis said:

> also....the MS of Linux would be Lindows....where else in the Linux
> community do you have to pay for what others get for free coupled with
> lies? "MS apps will run on Lindows" I am really glad that Mandrake is
> selling on the "wal-mart boxes" now. Lindows could only hurt the good
> linux name I think. But Mandrake... now thats a OS.

I was somewhat surprised when I read about a week ago that Lindows has
apparently made a major change to it's strategy.  They've backed off
considerably from the original premise of offering MSW apps on Linux.  In
fact it was somewhat unclear to me exactly what their strategy *is* at
this point - I didn't see much to distinguish it from being YALD - yet
another Linux distro.

John Karns                                        jkarns at csd.net