[lug] Mice

Michael Hirsch mhirsch at nubridges.com
Mon Sep 9 14:37:39 MDT 2002

On Mon, 2002-09-09 at 16:31, Drew Lane wrote:
> I have two mice hooked up to my computer running RH 7.2.
>
> One mouse is PS/2, the other is USB.
>
> When they are both plugged into the computer,
> only the USB mouse is working under KDE.
>
> If I unplug the USB mouse, then the PS/2 mouse works.
>
> Is it possible to get both mice working at the same time?
> (This works in Windows, BTW)

It is certainly possible, since that is what I do under RH/KDE.  I think
I just ran mouseconfig to get both working on the console.  Then I added
the second mouse to /etc/X11/XF86Config-4.

It sounds like your XF86Config only has one mouse configured.  You need
to have both /dev/mouse and /dev/mouse1 configured.

Here are some snippets from my XF86Config-4

Section "ServerLayout"
	Identifier "XFree86 Configured"
	Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
	InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
        InputDevice    "Touchpad Mouse" "SendCoreEvents"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier	"Mouse0"
	# Modified by mouseconfig