[lug] Mice

Drew Lane drewlane at qwest.net
Mon Sep 9 20:11:37 MDT 2002

Rats!

No luck getting two mice going on my computer (RH 7.2)

Now I've got the PS/2 mouse working and the USB mouse is disabled.

Here's a snippet of my XF86Config-4:

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier     "Anaconda Configured"
        Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
        InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
        InputDevice    "Mouse1" "AlwaysCore"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier    "Mouse0"
    # Modified by mouseconfig
    Driver        "mouse"
    Option        "Device"        "/dev/mouse"
    Option        "Protocol"        "IMPS/2"
    Option        "Emulate3Buttons"    "no"
    Option        "ZAxisMapping"        "4 5"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier    "Mouse1"
    # Modified by mouseconfig
    Driver        "mouse"
    Option        "Device"        "/dev/mouse1"
    Option        "Protocol"        "PS/2"
    Option        "Emulate3Buttons"    "off"
    Option        "ZAxisMapping"        "4 5"
EndSection

I ran 'mouseconfig', but it only seems to set up one mouse...

Any other suggestions?  How do I troubleshoot this?

Is there a  way to show what is actively configured similar
to device manager in win?

Win device manager does show the USB mouse as HID compliant.  (?)

Drew