[lug] linux and apptment managers

Todd Ruskell truskell at Mines.EDU
Mon Sep 9 21:17:47 MDT 2002

Hi all,

I've finally decided to start looking into the various personal oragnizers
out there, with the goal of settling on one choice for "the long haul."

I'm looking for various good/bad experiences, and some
specific likes/dislikes from folks who may have used these, or other such
packages, so that I can narrow down the list of potentials a little bit
more.  Here's what I've found so far:

xemacs calendar
xcalendar
ical
korganizer
bynari's Insight

I tend to prefer kde over gnome in general, but I assume gnome also has an
application?

I do not forsee needing compatibility with MS calendaring, but I would
like something that can interface with a pda.  I am not particularly
interested in web-based services.

Thanks a bunch,

Todd