Lab Books was Re: [lug] BLUG archive library?

Evelyn Mitchell efm at tummy.com
Tue Sep 10 10:24:36 MDT 2002

* On 2002-09-10 07:57 Nate Duehr <nate at natetech.com> wrote:
> And I've never met a serious network security worker that didn't carry
> with them a REAL engineering notebook that had numbered pages...

Network security people use paper notebooks because they are often working
on compromises of unknown extent. So, unless the baddie has physical access
to your notebook, they're less likely to be able to track the progress of
catching them. Whereas if they were keeping notes on their laptop, they may
be giving the game away.

                            http://www.tummy.com/