[lug] linux and apptment managers

Michael Hirsch mhirsch at nubridges.com
Wed Sep 11 07:40:09 MDT 2002

On Mon, 2002-09-09 at 23:17, Todd Ruskell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've finally decided to start looking into the various personal oragnizers
> out there, with the goal of settling on one choice for "the long haul."
>
> I'm looking for various good/bad experiences, and some
> specific likes/dislikes from folks who may have used these, or other such
> packages, so that I can narrow down the list of potentials a little bit
> more.  Here's what I've found so far:
>
> xemacs calendar
> xcalendar
> ical
> korganizer
> bynari's Insight
>
> I tend to prefer kde over gnome in general, but I assume gnome also has an
> application?
>
> I do not forsee needing compatibility with MS calendaring, but I would
> like something that can interface with a pda.  I am not particularly
> interested in web-based services.

Bot korganizer and evolution can supposedly sync to a Palm, but I have
never gotten it to work.  Since I live in my palm, this has never been a
solution for me.

I use jpilot.  I is a pretty good reimplementation of the built-in palm
apps for addresses, calender, menus, and todo lists.  It has never
failed me on syncing, but it is not as full featured as korganizer
and/or Evolution.

--Michael