[lug] Clustering and GFS

Harris, James James_Harris at maxtor.com
Thu Sep 12 08:27:00 MDT 2002

> While I'm open to a number of substitutes, my client is not.  They
> specifically asked for Sistina's GFS... and you how clients can be. ;)

Well, that's too bad.  Just to keep in the back of _your_ open mind, you
might also look at PVFS (http://parlweb.parl.clemson.edu/pvfs/).  I have yet
to do any clustering, but have been spending the last few weeks gearing up
for a proof of concept project and have come to the conclusion that PVFS may
be my choice for the filesystem.  (My biggest requirement is cost-reduction,
and in my case, PVFS looks like it'll do what I need.)

I'd love to hear what it is that you finally settle on.

Regards,
Jim Harris