[lug] Do you guys get random questions in email?

D. Stimits stimits at attbi.com
Thu Sep 12 22:06:20 MDT 2002

Peter Hutnick wrote:
> I'm just looking for a sanity check here.
>
> Every couple-few months or so I get some poorly articulated question in
> email from someone I never heard of (AFAIR never the same someone twice).
>
> It weirds me out a little and I'm hoping that I'm not the only one.  The
> most recent example follows.  (Note that I don't know what that code is .
> .. . PHP?  I don't know PHP.)
>
> As an aside, I propose that we (users of the internet) just do away with
> subject lines.  They agravate me far more than they provide any useful
> information.  "href add in"  What the hell does that mean?  It is
> meaningful once you have read the message, but by then what does it
> matter?  Arg!
>
> -Peter

Almost forgot, you could steer him towards w3c.org for html questions.
Pointing the validator at a page often gives better clues:
  http://validator.w3.org/

D. Stimits, stimits AT attbi.com

PS: You are lucky that you are receiving questions instead of hundreds
(literally) of Korean and Chinese and Taiwanese spams advertising in
non-English everything from shoes and get-rich-quick-schemes to fresh
fish catch of the day.