[lug] Do you guys get random questions in email?

ljp ljp at llornkcor.com
Fri Sep 13 11:27:14 MDT 2002

On Friday 13 September 2002 10:43 am, you wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Sep 2002, John Dollison wrote:
> > How do I get better quality spam, like you guys are getting?
>
> You accomplish this by posting questions and answers to the list.  The
> BLUG archives are fairly extensively indexed by the web search engines,
> and those of us who have posted regularly tend to get questions out of the
> blue about various Linux and computer issues.  Usually because someone
> was searching the web and found something close to what they were looking
> for with our name on it.

Yep, I've gotten questions about something I posted years ago here, and have
to search the archive to find out what it was about and figure out what I was
doing. A few times about a 286-> 486 processor upgrade I have, or about using
my Apple monitor on a pc.

It's not just this list, though.
I still get questions and little comments regarding a windows dev process
article I wrote about 4 or 5 years ago. heh, I usually ignore those anymore,
since I havent done much windows development lately.

ljp

--
My cat's a debugger..

Potter "ljp", Lorn
core member
Project OPIE- the Open Palmtop Integrated Environment
http://opie.handhelds.org | http://www.opie.info (german) |
http://www.opie.us
IRC: irc.freenode.net #opie #opie.de

llornkcor ( at )handhelds.org