[lug] DSL dies actiontek 1520

Ben Luey lueyb at gridley.ACNS.Carleton.edu
Sun Sep 15 13:08:29 MDT 2002

I have DSL with qest and an actiontec 1520 dsl modem. It usually works
fine, but often if my computer has been off for a day, when I bootup the
chdp fails (whichs adds 2 min to startup)  and I have no internet.
Sometimes I can connect to the actiontec at ip 192.168.0.1 and tell it to
"connect" and my connection comes back. Sometimes I can't and I play with
reconfigurint my computer for a static ip on 192.168.0.xxx and try to
connect to the modem and unplug power to the modem and plug it back in and
eventually something gets it to go agin. The modem is configured for
bridging mode and I use CU as my ISP.Any ideas how to avoid this or at
least fix it quicker?

Thanks,

Ben