[lug] DSL dies actiontek 1520

j davis davis_compz at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 15 17:12:39 MDT 2002

i know dsl phone filters are only to help with phone calls making
you un-train from your isp...but are you using your filters? ..
also qwest has given me at least 3 cisco678s and one time when
i called i was trained and online..hehe. But they just keep sending
them and in 12 months I have never seen any bougs charges on my bill
for the dsl modems. So...just tell them its broke and you need a new one.
Hopefull this could rule out hardware issues.

BTW...qwest just got me my promised $150 rebate on the modem i actually
bought
from them just a hare over 6 months late..after like 10, hour long phone
calls.
yea for me....i guess ??

qwest hater,
jd

>From: "D. Stimits" <stimits at attbi.com>
>To: lug at lug.boulder.co.us
>Subject: Re: [lug] DSL dies actiontek 1520
>Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 13:31:08 -0600
>
>Ben Luey wrote:
>>I have DSL with qest and an actiontec 1520 dsl modem. It usually works
>>fine, but often if my computer has been off for a day, when I bootup the
>>chdp fails (whichs adds 2 min to startup)  and I have no internet.
>>Sometimes I can connect to the actiontec at ip 192.168.0.1 and tell it to
>>"connect" and my connection comes back. Sometimes I can't and I play with
>>reconfigurint my computer for a static ip on 192.168.0.xxx and try to
>>connect to the modem and unplug power to the modem and plug it back in and
>>eventually something gets it to go agin. The modem is configured for
>>bridging mode and I use CU as my ISP.Any ideas how to avoid this or at
>>least fix it quicker?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>
>>Ben

>>Join us on IRC: lug.boulder.co.us port=6667 channel=#colug
>>

>I know nothing about this particular modem, but does it have any firewall
>abilities? If so, you might find out what addresses it has to be open for
>for dhcp assignment...perhaps more than one is possible...and be sure it is
>open to ports 67/68 to that machine(s). Also, if there is a problem with
>the physical wiring of the phone line, it might become flakey; ask the
>phone company if they can test.
>
>D. Stimits, stimits AT attbi.com

>Join us on IRC: lug.boulder.co.us port=6667 channel=#colug

thanks,
jd

jd at taproot.bz
http://www.taproot.bz