[lug] OT: CSS2, mixing pseudo-class with class

D. Stimits stimits at attbi.com
Thu Sep 26 17:49:17 MDT 2002

I'm trying to figure out if I can modify my CSS2 stylesheet. Currently
it has A:visited and A:link to adjust colors, but I wanted to have a
second class of <A> "anchor" tags, within a list, and I wanted this to
be a new class, e.g., class "foo", with different color attributes. Is
there a way to have both a general CSS2:
A:visited {
}
A:link {
}

...and also a specific:
A:visited.foo {
}
A:link.foo {
}

So far I haven't found a valid way to mix :link and :visited pseudo-tags
with my own class name. Perhaps it isn't even possible.

D. Stimits, stimits AT attbi.com