[lug] Mounting Win partitions / Renaming localhost?

John Dollison johndollison at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 27 17:23:13 MDT 2002

I have two questions:

1.  I'd like to mount two of my Windows partitions under Red Hat 7.3, but
'df' only shows mounted partitions, and 'cat /proc/partitions' only shows
how many there are, not what file systems they use.  I have hda1 through
hda8.  How do I figure out which ones are my Windows partitions?

2.  Both my computers are named localhost.localdomain.  I'd rather give each
one a unique name, such as billybob.westvirginia and suebob.westvirginia.  I
read the manpages on how to do the renaming, but when I actually renamed
them, other programs started giving me all sorts of errors.  Can I only
change the name during installation of Linux, or is there some other step I
missed?

Thanks,

John D

.