[lug] The tide's turning perhaps... :-)

D. Stimits stimits at attbi.com
Sun Sep 29 13:55:34 MDT 2002

Mr Viggy wrote:
> Perhaps...  But, my initial reaction would be, why take it back?  Why
> not install Linux NOW???

Many places won't honor their warranty if the o/s is not installed from
their disks. Of course the owner could probably re-install windows from
the store disks if returning it. It is funny that many of these
retailers will not even honor the warranty if another version of windows
is installed...even the same type of windows installed from a CD not of
their own can remove all service aid in the warranty.

D. Stimits, stimits AT attbi.com